Creating a leaderboard challenge is a sure fire way to get the kids motivated, as a little competition is all it takes to get them more active. I did this with my family and it's amazing how keen the kids were to beat us adults by doing the most steps.
To create a leaderboard challenge you need a compatible fitness tracker.
Click here to see our range of compatiable fitness trackers.
These detailed instructions are for this watch and you need to set this up from each tracker on its own device e.g. smart phone or tablet.
STAGE 1 - CREATE A MI ACCOUNT AND PAIR YOUR FITNESS TRACKER WITH YOUR DEVICE
| STEP 1
- Purchase a compatible fitness tracker watch
- Download the Mi Fit App to your Apple or Android device
Click here for info on Mi Fit for Apple devices
Click here for info on Mi Fit for Android devices
Note: You can also register and login on the website which can be easier at: https://account.xiaomi.com
- Launch the Mi-Fit app and Sign Up for a Mi Account.
We recommend using a Mi account as opposed to Facebook or Google.
- Even though you have already chosen Sign Up, you will get a Sign In prompt once you try to log in for the first time.
- Choose Create account.
- Once your account is created, check your email to activate it.
Log in to the Mi Fit app.
You will be prompted with Account doesn't exist, create now?
Choose New Zealand. Tap Next. Tap Agree
Choose Mi account icon
Enter your newly created account details from Step 2
Tap OK to Allow Access to Your Motion & Fitness Activity
Enter your personal info for more accurate analysis of your activities
Set an activity goal of the number of steps you would like to achieve every day
- Select Band to start pairing your fitness tracker
- Tap Agree and the app will search for your tracker
- Your fitness tracker should prompt to complete the pairing
- Tap Always Allow to allow Mi Fit to access your location
- Tap the top left arrow to get to the status screen
- You have now successfully paired your tracker and are recording data to your device. Well done!
STAGE 2 - CREATE AN INKIN ACCOUNT AND LINK YOUR MI ACCOUNT
| STEP 1
- Download the inKin Social Fitness Challenge App to your Apple or Android device
Click here for info on inKin for Apple devices
Click here for info on inKin for Android devices
- Launch the onKin app and tap Sign Up and then Log In
- Tap on the 3 bar menu icon at the top left.
- Tap Devices. Choose Xiaomi and tap Connect
- Tap SIGN IN WITH XIAOMI
- Enter your Mi Account details and Sign In
- Tap APPROVE for 90 days access
- Yay! That's the hard bit over.
- Tap on Leaderboard at the bottom
- Tap Search Kins
- Enter the name of anyone with a Kins account
- Tap Add Kin
- A freind request will be sent. Once they accept they will be on your leaderboard.
- Now have fun seeing who can get to the top of the leaderboard!